Entropia acquires IoT license in Belgium and the Netherlands [22/06/2018]
The Entropia license
There is an urgent need for networks that offer mission and business-critical services in the transmission of measurement data. With its digital TETRA network, Entropia offers an availability in the entire chain that is higher than 99.5%. The public GSM, read also NB IoT networks, as well as networks that use non-exclusive frequencies (868 MHz), can not offer such high availability in the chain. Entropia is of the opinion that transmission of measurement data will in most cases comply with PMR-narrow band frequencies in combination with a TETRA network, which greatly improves the availability and useful efficiency of ether use. In addition, it must be possible to offer mission- and business-critical services for several years. It is not easy to replace sensors and equipment whenever, for example, a new (broadband) technology is introduced onto the market. The continuity and availability can be filled in by using exclusive PMR-narrow band frequencies in combination with the TETRA network of Entropia, resulting in the following benefits:
- very high availability (minimum> 99.5%);
- reliability, good coverage and high redundancy;
- widely applicable (nationwide through exclusive frequencies);
- efficient use of air (use of narrowband frequencies in combination with TETRA);
- simple antenna structure;
- low SAR2 radiation (less than 3 V / meter);
Lean & Green:
- very long battery life (minimum 10 years);
- low energy consumption;
- results in a low CO2.
The benefits are not limitative.
click here for the Entropia license (Dutch) and here for the French version.
(English version not available)